Re: quelques stats sur le mobile a Maurice

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:51:09 -0700

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for posting the article to the mailing list. I would like to
thank the Mauritius Commercial Bank for publishing the results of the survey.

I'll compare the results with a survey in the U.S.:

          Mauritius U.S.

   18-29 80% 85%
   30-49 79% 79%

Overall (the comparison does not show it), Mauritius has a higher
smartphone ownership than the U.S.

The relatively low percentage of web activity could be explained by:

   (a) Web sites not being mobile-ready

   (b) Local web sites not having useful content

   (c) non-existent apps economy

47% of the persons surveyed use their smartphone for basic
activities. In my opinion the smartphone is being used more as a
phone instead of a "smart" device.