Re: Reserved date in whois query result

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:01:48 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:24 AM 8/20/2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I quote from the lexpress.mu [1] article:
>
> "D’après les experts qu’il dit avoir
> contactés, c’est tout à fait possible. Toujours
> d’après ces mêmes experts, selon l’hébergeur,
> il existe un délai pour acheter le nom après réservation."
>
>What is your opinion regarding the above?

First of all, there isn't any information about
"les experts" in the above. Do those experts
have any Whois expertise? During a committee
discussion about .mu the persons on the committee
declined commenting about Whois-related
documentation as they probably did not have any
expertise in the matter. Benoit Gentil was the
only person who volunteered to review the
Whois-related documentation. He produced a good
document and nobody questioned that document.

If someone whom you do not know sends you a
document, would you believe it or would you seek
help from a person with relevant expertise to
determine whether the information looks valid? I
am curious to read the analysis of the experts
who made the comment about "reservation".

Did you watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj2UyVTQs2M to
determine whether the person is an expert? :-)