Re: Request to represent the MIU

From: OMDEEP GOKHOOL <omdeep.gokhool1_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:47:00 +0400

Hello Sm

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:21 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> You did not mention the objective of the event. For example, how will it
> help me gain access to government data which is currently unavailable?

   I don't know about the objectives of the event yet, I will ask Ms Fox in
my next mail.

> I am familiar with "Open Government" and "Open Government Data". It would
> be interesting to listen to a talk by a person knowledgeable about Freedom
> of Information law. I would prefer if the talk relates to Mauritius. You
> may have noticed during the Open Data workshop that some initiatives which
> work well in the United States would not work in Mauritius as there are
> other (local) constraints.

   I will remember to mention this when I will be having the meeting. It is
really important that we understand the local context.

> You could suggest to Ms Fox to invite some local journalists and a
> representative from government to participate in a discussion where the
> focus is on the issues affecting requesters of information and the
> government agencies providing the information.

  Yes I will definitely suggest this to Ms Fox , since we need to hear from
both sides to get the whole picture.

Regards
Om