Re: Secure blogging - static site generator + Docker

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:50:29 +0400

Hello,

On 21 July 2015 at 10:13, Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu> wrote:

> The poor track record of Wordpress security is a recurring topic in this
> mailing list, with some members going out of their way to look for
> alternative blog engines [1]. We also often see reports of Mauritian
> websites being compromised.
>
> Here's an alternative solution what should be very resilient:
>
> 1) Use a static site generator like Jekyll [2]
> 2) Deploy the site as a read-only Docker container

I agree, if developers opt for these options.

But the problem here is that managers / officers who have done some IT
module in their management course think they can do the job of a developer.
Consequently they buy shared hosting with CPanel and install the available
scripts (WordPress, Drupal, etc) and install all types of themes and
plugins.

So the problem of websites being compromised won't be really solved when
management try to do the job of developers.

Nadim Attari