Filtering of Orange My.T internet traffic

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:24:43 +0400

Dear Sir/Madam,

I notice that Section 15.1 of the Terms & Conditions of My.T
subscription mentions the following:

        "MT shall have the right to examine the use of the Service by the
Subscriber and to disclose such use to third parties for legal or
statutory purposes, in order to identify misuse or abuse of the Service,
or to ensure the smooth running of and identify faults in its network."

I would like to know if "use of the service" is synonymous to "filtering
of internet traffic".

The ICT Authority of Mauritius, to fulfill its mandate under Section
18(1)m of the ICT Act 2001, has implemented an internet filtering
system. I am to believe that all of my internet traffic is filtered by
the said system apparently hosted at ICTA. I could not find any mention
of internet filtering in the My.T Terms & Conditions.

Could you please let me know if Orange/Mauritius Telecom has a clear
statement notifying its subscribers on how their internet traffic is
filtered?

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.