Critical thinking

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:30:32 -0700

Hello,
At 04:43 14-07-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>When either SM, Logan, me or anybody else writes about the
>shortcomings on the government infrastructure, indirectly we attack
>the professionalism of the people involved.
>
>Accepting a professional critic is a mature trait. Though I still do
>not find it an attack at Logan's professionalism. His answers were
>not up to the satisfaction of Shelly & she requested to provide an
>evidence of claims.

Critical thinking is defined as "the objective analysis and
evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement". I usually
provide an analysis when I say that there is an issue with some
infrastructure. It is counterproductive for me to remain quiet if
there is an issue which may affect me.

In Mauritius, criticism is usually viewed as the "expression of
disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults
or mistakes". The common approach is to avoid any critical thinking
and to remain quiet about any issue. Professionalism is the
"competence or skill expected of a person" in a particular
activity. A competent person in a technology field would know that
critical thinking or criticism does not necessarily imply an
expression of disapproval of him/her.