Re: La cybercriminalite : la loi devrait etre renforcee

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:55:27 +0400

Hi SM,

On 7/10/15 2:51 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I read http://hacklog.in/law-reform-commission-mauritius-cyber-law/
> Thanks for trying to explain the implications of the proposed change. I
> doubt that people have been paying attention to that. It looks like
> importing legal changes without people understanding how it might affect
> them.

I wrote about what caught my attention at first glance of the article.
The things I mentioned in the blog post affect me directly. On the LRC
website [1] I see there is an email address to contact the commission. I
am keen to contact the commission and question them about the proposals.
However, my analysis isn't complete yet. I must have missed other
(important) points from the paper.

I propose that we brainstorm the proposed laws in a systematic way on
the mailing list. E.g we could have a group of interested people to work
on the document and write a critical review. Do you think that would be
possible?

[1] http://lrc.govmu.org/English/Pages/default.aspx

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.