RE: Learning by observing

From: <cedricpoottaren_at_outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:08:32 +0000

Hello S.M,

>I suggest having a guideline; subscriptions from university students should be from a university email address. This is to help universities with their IPR.

I do agree. However, being myself an ODL student at the Open University of Mauritius since the beginning of this year, I haven't received an _at_open.ac.mu email address yet despite we have been promised so during the induction.

I even emailed them about the matter. I think huh.. two months ago and guess what? NO REPLY!

So I would suggest that you guys make it an option NOT an obligation.

Look at me for example, I have a full time job, work for myself and I am a student at the same time. I really wouldn't find the idea of using my college email address here fair. Instead I prefer using my _at_jcplaboratory.org email address, this reflects better the position in which I am. Moreover, (some) College students prefer to keep the usage of their institution-assigned email only to received and send mails related to their college work. I wouldn't like to get it messed up by the emails I receive from the MIU.

I am not saying it's a bad idea but you guys please don't make it an obligation. :)

Regards,

Cédric Poottaren

Software developer

http://jcplaboratory.org