Re: La cybercriminalité : la loi devrait être renforcée

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 22:19:31 +0400

Hi Shelly,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun
<shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you have the software to hack a computer, you are committing
> 'cybercriminalité'.
> Have you read the proposed change in the laws? What is your opinion? Will it
> affect you? Will the Linux User Group in Mauritius be illegal?
> Will logan.hackers.mu be illegal? Will hacklog.in be illegal?

There are several parts of the reform that have been
published/proposed without keeping in mind the "IT industry".
Currently, Section 369D makes me a criminal for possessing "nmap", a
utility that allows a person to identify open ports on a computer
system. The Law Reform Commission did not find it necessary to consult
IT Professionals while they were doing their homework :-) The members
list features only people with a legal background.

I cannot comment on the whole document in this email as I need some
further studying. I'm on it though.

- I blog at HACKLOG.in.