Re: FTTH 10 M with FUP

From: Abdallah Ramsing <yashircr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 18:23:10 +0400

Hi S.Moonesamy,

I was actually discussing this technology with a colleague last week. There
are actually several factors to be taken into consideration concerning the
Fair Usage Policy especially with the Fiber To The Home technology (FTTH).
For instance Internet Providers have different metrics for measuring this
policy depending not only on protocols (HTTP, SMTP, SIP, P2P) but also the
amount of bandwidth being used at a certain point in time. Moreover another
factor is influencing Fair Usage is Quality of Service which priorities
certain types of services. For example, a certain ISP can prioritise the
use of video and streaming over torrent.

Furthermore there is also the way the Fair Usage Policy is implemented. I
believe Volume Allowance is used and this depends on upload and download
speed. Concerning the Technology Emtel is providing, we will have to get
the feedback of first consumers.

Regards,
Abdallah