Re: Where you work

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 05:59:32 -0700

Hi Jochen,
At 02:12 02-07-2015, Jochen Kirstaetter wrote:
>[Disclosure of employment]
>
>Seriously?
>I mean this is starting to be too political to my opinion.

I explained why I am asking for that information to be disclosed. It
would be arbitrary if I were to only ask people working in the media
to provide that information. There is also the conflict of interest
problem. It is the practice outside Mauritius to disclose that
information if an organisation in which a person is participating
requires transparency.

The information which I asked for is usually available on
linkedin.com. I find it better to ask the person for that
information instead of doing a web search. There are people who may
be uncomfortable to provide that information. I understand that.

I'll use the Microsoft Student Partners and the Linux User Group Meta
as examples. The persons in the first group would have a favorable
of Microsoft products and the persons in the second group would have
a favorable opinion of Linux. Both groups do not have to be
neutral. The Mauritius Internet Users is neutral; it does not favor
one ISP over another, it does not favor one company over another
company which competes with that company. The reason for that is to
avoid the decisions from being biased.