Re: Emtel Airbox Packages

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 06:18:51 -0700

Hi Benoit,
At 04:25 30-06-2015, Benoit Gentil wrote:
>The emtel guys came today at my place. They are equipped with dB
>meters. They went to the roof and tested the signals. The signals
>result was very good towards "montagne des signaux" however the guys
>told me that because they can't clearly see the mountain due to it
>being covered by clouds, installation will have to be postponed to another day.

The technology requires line of sight. The person would probably be
looking for obstacles in the path. I am not sure whether the fact
that the mountain is covered by clouds can be ignored for such a test.

>I'm wondering how canal satelite and parabole do without seeing the satelite?

Please see
http://www.canalplus-maurice.com/Espace-abonnes/Tous-les-tutoriels/Tutoriel-installation-parabole
or http://www.parabolemaurice.com/common/public/pdf/manuel2.pdf