Re: Re: Government of Mauritius website allows weak security

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 04:27:07 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 05:49 29-06-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I think that there is a problem if the government is not following
>Best Practices when it comes to Internet Security, in a systematic
>way. Does the government participate in the IETF, and attempt to
>follow best practices ? I haven't met a single guy doing it. They are
>more interested in ITU :)

The government agencies in Mauritius do not participate in the
IETF. The only contribution I could find for the ITU is one from the
Information and Communication Technologies Authority to the to the
informal meetings of the Study Group 12 Regional Group for Africa in
2009. The work of that group is not related to the
internet. Companies in Mauritius and the government are not used to
following best practices which are adopted for the internet. It
looks like problems are tackled on a case-to-case or copy-and-paste basis.