Re: Emtel Airbox, the 5 days

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:40:30 +0400

Hello SM,

On 6/29/15 2:26 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Did you receive a reply from Emtel?

I received an apology yesterday and I was addressed as "Mr".

> According to Emtel's advertisement the line of sight test is done within
> five days. In the above you said that Emtel was unable to do that. The
> announcement to wait up to 20 days was published well after you made the
> application for the service. Are there long-range weather forecasts for
> Mauritius?

Yes. I made the application before the announcement. I was not informed
of any change in the installation period. In the email, I am told the
installation delay is due to huge number of applications. The officer
does not mention weather conditions.

> There has been a lot of advertisements about this Airbox offer. It
> looks like the company wasn't sure whether people would be interested in
> the offer or else it knows that the Airbox is currently the only
> alternative available to some home users who would like to have a faster
> internet connection.

I agree. They made strong advertisement & claims all while not preparing
enough to cater for applications. There was no plan B, or rather plan B
was to extend installation period to 20 days ;-)

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.