Re: The story of the security-plagued cyberisland

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 08:52:53 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 04:26 27-06-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I wrote my observation about the Ask.com toolbar in a blog post [1].
>As mentioned previously, I needed a copy of Windows to carry out the tests :P

Thanks for sharing what you found.

In my opinion people usually won't search for the ask.com toolbar to
install it. If I am installing Java 8 Update 40 [1] I do not expect
it to install a web browser Toolbar or to change the homepage. Will
the average user in Mauritius use what is being displayed in the web
browser [2] or will the person change that?

What would an average user do if he sees the following:
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/www-lemauricien-com-ads-gf.png

1. http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2015/03/java-app-chrome.png
2.
http://hacklog.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/internet-explorer-ask-com-enable.png