Re: MIU Objective

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:12:38 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 05:36 25-06-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I would say that for Mauritius to evolve when it comes to bandwidth,
>we need to have capable people at all levels of public service. An

Bandwidth has nothing to do with the with the public service. Emtel
does not need the authorization of the public service to sell the
Airbox to residential customers.

In 2013, the ICT Advisory Council provided advice to set a moratorium
on an anti-competition clause in a law. Competition usually benefits
the consumer. I don't think that the moratorium was in the interest
of consumers as it prevents anything from being done when there is
consumer complaint about anti-competition.