Re: Heathcare practice in Mauritius - WhatsApp

From: Daniel Laeng <daniel_at_laeng.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:07:39 +0400

> There is a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1p0_8WjaDg
The video looks like it's showing an early prototype - so I'm not sure
how much we can read into it. I'm not sure how they chose their
background music...

> The application has a feature to "backup data on SD card or add to
> your Dropbox, Google Drive, Gmail or laptop via sharewifi". Is it
> safe to store patient information on Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.?

I think it's reasonably safe to store *properly encrypted* patient
information on cloud services. But, I imagine they're not in a hurry to
tell us how they are encrypting it and managing the security of the data.

Dan.

--
Daniel Laeng
Software Developer