Re: Heathcare practice in Mauritius - WhatsApp

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 12:18:42 -0700

Hello,
At 08:57 22-06-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>1. Is this practice among doctors in public hospitals or private
>clinics / private practice?

The report mentioned Fortis Clinique Darne.

>2. Did you get a reply?

No.

At 11:05 22-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I didn't find any article about this issue in the newspaper. Why are
>they even using Whatsapp to send confidential information? Is it
>because its easier than sending mails? I wonder what the authority
>is going to do about this.

Whatsapp is probably viewed as a convenient way to send the
information. The usage of the word "authority" is not clear. There
is a tendency to assume that there is an organisation responsible for
this issue or that the law prevents such issues from happening.

There is a video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1p0_8WjaDg The application has a
feature to "backup data on SD card or add to your Dropbox, Google
Drive, Gmail or laptop via sharewifi". Is it safe to store patient
information on Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.?