Re: The story of the security-plagued cyberisland

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 14:22:58 +0400

On 06/21/2015 02:15 PM, Cédric Poottaren wrote:

> Agreed. What I wanted to point out is that JDK is not the sole installation source of Ask toolbar. I think it is not the
> main source here as well. I prefer the hypothesis that it comes from the daily usage apps like multimedia software.

Ah. Okay. It's clearer now :-)

Yeah, sure, I wasn't claiming Java to be the main source. I do not have
any stats to prove. It was just an assumption on how some people could
have gotten the Ask.com toolbar. I agree with the multimedia software usage.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.