Re: Emtel Airbox Packages

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 07:33:59 +0400

Hi all,

Whilst I'm ecstatically happy for all my fellow internet users, I
unfortunately am totally PISSED OFF.

I rang Emtel the day I knew of this Airbox thing (a few days ago). Some
woman in their "customer care centre" or something told me I should go
to their showroom and I'll get my airbox in a few days. "Great!!!" I
thought. Take a few weeks if you have to!.. i don't mind love! And then
I thought to myself, let me tell her it's for my business:

     DR: "Do I have to pay more for it because it's for my business?"

         Emtel: "Hein? No! it's the same price"

     DR: (now i'm frothing with excitement here) "WHAT?.. ummm.. you're
saying, as a business, I pay the same price as normal users????"

         Emtel: "YES! It's the same price! Why are you thinking you're
paying more?"

     DR: "Well Orange.. blah blah blah.. does it.. blah blah"

         Emtel: "Well it's the same price here"

     DR: (by now i'm nearly pissing myself with excitement) "No wait..
can you go and verify this with your superior? I want to be sure here".

         Emtel: "No, it's the same price"

     DR: (by now, from experience, I know some mauritians are expert at
talking rubbish, even "trained ones") "Mamzelle... please go verify
this. I'll wait here"

         Emtel: "okay :)" (the "okay" sounded as if it had a smiley at
the end of it)

     A few minutes later.....

         Emtel: "No.. it's the same price"

     DR: "Great!.. thanks a lot"

Then I took a staff member, drove to Emtel Showroom the next day......

Emtel Showroom: "NO! This is NOT available for business yet... as we
have not yet been given the price for business".

Oh F**K**G FANTASTIC!

Drive back again.

So now, all I have to do is wait for EMTEL to slap a price, probably 3-5
times the normal price, just because I run a start-up.

THANKS A LOT EMTEL... SAME CRAP AS USUAL.

Dhiruj Rambaran