Re: Upload speed for Emtel Airbox

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:43:05 +0400

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 1:18 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received a reply from Emtel. The upload speed for the "10 Mbps" offer is
> 1 Mbps.

They are probably going to say "up to 1Mbps". In any case, I heard
about the construction of a new undersea cable. I wonder what's the
progress on that.

Everybody is resorting to the "Up to" argument. I think that there is
a problem of capacity upstream. Mauritius is very small, and if every
household chooses to subscribe an Internet Connection, I think that
the quality overall will degrade. What aren't they buying more
bandwidth internationally. I am not convinced of the need for Fiber.
Instead of spending money on fibre, they should have bought more
upstream bandwidth.