Re: (no subject)

From: Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:49:01 +0800

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Rossan Mousaffar <mousaffar_at_hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Guys :D hope u doing well with the awesome and romantic weather :)
>
> I want to ask if you guys can suggest me programming languages that
> largely use nowadays??
>
> Thanks :)

Swift [1] could be a good one to pick up. It's multi-paradigm
(Object-oriented and functional - although Apple has recently started
talking about protocol-oriented programming using Swift [2]). It's a modern
language that has taken inspiration from the likes of Objective-C, Rust,
Haskell, Ruby, Python and C#.

Swift is currently only used on Apple's platforms (OS X, iOS, watchOS).
However, it's recently been open sourced, and I suspect that it will
eventually make its way to the server side (on Linux).

[1]: https://developer.apple.com/swift/
[2]: https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=408