Re: Meeting on Multi-Stakeholder Forum

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 17:36:02 +0400

Hi SM,

On 6/11/15 3:26 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I am copying this message to the mailing list as it is better to be
> transparent.

I support transparency too :-)

> I previously said that the Mauritius Internet Users will have to
> reconsider its position on .mu if the government were to change its
> current policy, i.e. "consult everyone as this should not be
> government-driven". I would like to notify you that I will be
> reconsidering the position to take as representative of the Mauritius
> Internet Users during tomorrow's meeting.

Since the various discussions surrounding .mu on this mailing list, it
was clear that MIU is not in favor of a government-driven .mu
association. We shared the common opinion of having a member-driven
organization whereby membership will be open.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.