RE: NCB Cyber Caravan

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 01:25:36 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 00:27 08-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>There were three guys wearing the NCB shirt chilling outside of the
>caravan. So, i greeted them and eventually asked them the purpose of
>the Caravan at Kendra and they told me that they offered free
>Internet Services. I was kind of surprised but it made sense why i
>didn't see anyone except the NCB employees in the Caravan or next to
>it, everyone has Internet access now.

Thank you for the feedback. That outing of the caravan sounds like a
photo opportunity. From
http://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/stocktaking/projects/Project/Details?projectId=1386674180

   "As at date, more than 140,000 persons have been initiated in ICT in the
    NCB's three Cyber Caravans. A constant monitoring is done to ensure all
    regions of the island are covered."

 From http://www.ncb.mu/English/EPowering-People/Caravan/Pages/default.aspx

   "As at 8th June 2015, about 172,233 persons have followed ICT Literacy and
    ICT Awareness Courses."