Re: Removing unwanted information from Google

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 20:43:39 +0400

Hi SM,

On 6/6/15 8:31 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The ruling of the Court of Justice of the European Union (C-131/12) does
> not apply to Mauritius. The request might be rejected if the person is
> in Mauritius as there isn't any legal requirement which Google would
> have to follow.

Everything has a first time. It just depends to what extent the person
can go to get it removed from google.com.

At the start of this year, Facebook[1] suspended my account because of
my name. I argued with them using using information they themselves
provided.

Therefore, if there is already a precedent within the EU, it can still
be used to support a request or argument.

[1] http://hacklog.in/facebook-racist-naming-standard

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.