Re: Windows 10 Release.party.:)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 08:52:30 +0400

Hello Cédric,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Cédric Poottaren
<cedricpoottaren_at_outlook.com> wrote:

> Microsoft is giving Windows 10 for free to users already
> using Windows 7 & 8 this is why I though about celebrating. :D

There is a catch about the free Windows 10 license ^^

I do not find it correct for Mauritius Internet Users to organize a
Windows Release Party. That will create a precedent which might prompt
for release parties for Ubuntu, openSUSE, Firefox etc.

We could be having a non-Internet related discussion once in a while
but organizing such meetups under the banner of "Mauritius Internet
Users" would give us a "fancy fair" reputation :-)

I would still prefer MSP folks to organize something & I would not
turn down their invitation.
It could also be organized under the banner of MSCC. Any volunteer
from the MSCC group can do it. Not to forget we had a mini "Ubuntu
Release Party" during the DevCon 2015.

- I blog at HACKLOG.in.