Introduction

From: Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 23:28:22 +0400

I just realised I haven't introduced myself too :(

My name is Dhiruj Rambaran and I've been involved in both business as
well as various aspects of IT over many years. Thus I like to think of
myself as a "Technopreneur".

My experiences include Networking (Netware/NT), Hardware
(servers/infrastructure), IT support, Project Management, Front End
programming (C#, Java, DOS, QBasic) and Internet technologies
(Asp/Asp.Net/HTML/CSS). I went on to create my first data systems
software company in London, UK (Interweb Data Systems Ltd) in 1997.

Though I started officially as a Database Administrator (backups,
optimising procedures, data integration, query analysis, performance
tuning, data segmenting and indexing etc) , my real strength and forte
lies in Software Engineering (SSADM) covering Requirements analysis,
Data Modeling, SQL Data Programming etc, as well as using UML and OO
programming using Java/C#.

Recently (over the past 7 years) my focus has shifted to building whole
& complete Retail E-Commerce Systems, from scratch, covering Inventory
Warehousing systems, CRM, ERP, Asset Tracking systems and basically
everything to do with the whole "Back End" of a National E-commerce
enterprise.

I am now (next week) re-launching my own Software Company, aimed at
focusing entirely on designing & building Back end Data Systems for
small, medium, large or national enterprises. We are currently building
an accounting and HR system for our very first Mauritian customer... for
which I'm VERY proud to be doing :)) as I've always wanted to do some
work in Mauritius. I've applied many times in the past, but never make
it past the first interview :( . Thus I gave up looking for a job
thereafter.

My other company, Shoponline Ltd, currently gives out Free Retail
E-Commerce websites to all businesses in Mauritius, complete with
Facebook integration and live chat module, fully hosted on the Azure cloud.

I also hold a Masters Degree in Distributed Computing Systems and
various professional IT qualifications from Microsoft and Novell and
I've also been invited as a guest speaker, to speak about one my pieces
of software (shoponline.mu), as a case study, at an upcoming major
e-commerce event, the "E-Commerce Africa Confex 2016", to be held in
Cape Town, South Africa.

Hobbies include cooking, sailing and driving my old Land Rover
everywhere thinking i'm on safari. I also have a great love of cats,
with my biggest and most ultimate dream of opening my very own Cat
Sanctuary one day, looking after injured and abandoned cats.

I'm not sure how I can contribute to this mailing thread but will do so
where I can.

Dhiruj