Re: Mauritian Developers' Nework (MDN)

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 21:16:56 +0400

Hello,

On 27 May 2015 at 13:36, Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name> wrote:

> Hi SM,
>
> On 27/05/2015 11:52, S Moonesamy wrote:
>
> Hi Cédric,
> At 03:01 24-05-2015, Cédric Poottaren wrote:
>
> I am just wandering if you folks would like to create / join a network of
> developers where we all could share ideas, projects and provide support for
> everything related to software development.
>
> I would like to create / be part of a conmunity of developers.
>

> I tried sharing ideas in Mauritius. It was a one-sided effort. Some of
> the ideas were reused without appropriate attribution.
>

> This surely doesn't relate to MSCC, or?

It was probably something before the mailing list was created. _at_SM can you
share please?

From what I have seen, the efforts for the last developer conference in
> Mauritius were mostly from expatriates. There were two messages on this
> mailing list about creating software-related groups. I don't know what
> happened.
>
> Hm, that's very strange... Eventually, we might talk about two different
> developers conferences. Well, I'm referring to this one [1], and quite
> frankly most speakers were Mauritians. I cannot really understand your
> bitterness and dragging quite some stuff that is about to happen here on
> the island into the mud.

IMHO, SM was trying to say that expatriates were more involved in the
"organisation" - speakers were there only after everything was already
"organised" (choosing the venue, finding sponsors, etc, etc).

_at_Jochen, can you please explain or give examples about "dragging quite some
stuff that is about to happen here on the island into the mud." - I didn't
quite understand or figure out what you are trying to say.

> Honestly, it should be quite the opposite. You, as an experienced and
> seasoned veteran of the internet should encourage more youngster and create
> better awareness. The last couple of days, I mainly about moaning and
> endless complaints. Sad to see so much energy given to the wrong channels
> or directions.
>

> I suggest considering the above if you are interested in creating a
> network of developers.

Why not just let him join one or two meetups of the MSCC?
> What's wrong about the MSCC that you rather suggest to create another user
> group?

I don't think SM was being negative and I didn't see SM stopping someone
from joining MSCC or attending the meetups.

There is nothing wrong with MSCC, nor there is something wrong in creating
another group. For example we have the "Google Developer Group" and
there was a presentation about the same by Yannick at the DevCon2015.

Best regards,
Nadim Attari