Re: Representative

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 07:19:11 -0700

Hi Ish,

Thank you for answering the questions.

At 04:34 24-05-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I guess press people sometimes look for those fancy titles. They
>might have not given his comment importance if he was only Arshad Pooloo.

Yes.

>Yes, I believe there is value. I participate to share my opinion, my
>knowledge where I feel it will help. I raise my voice & contact
>relevant bodies to get that voice heard. I do not raise my voice as
>a LUGM representative to say I have an Internet problem, just as I
>won't raise the same voice for Open Source as an MIU member.

More than 80% of contributions to the Linux kernel are from corporate
developers. The number of unpaid developers is in constant decline.
You will find a significant amount of corporate contributions in
internet-related decisions. In undeveloped countries, people view at
all of that as a hobby.