Re: Open Source Software in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 02:08:56 -0700

Hello,
At 01:19 23-05-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I would also like to know, how much they were paid given that this is
>taxpayer's money.

That project cost is Rs 2.4 million.

>What is the final report from the National Open Source policy ? When
>will it be implemented ?

The role of the Linux User Group Meta will be to produce open source
software and to provide support. From what I recall of the official
discussions Avinash Meetoo, Ish and Logan agreed that the Linux User
Group Meta will do that for free. The was an answer about the
implementation at https://twitter.com/oalais/status/546741881980592129