Re: ICT/BPO workshop 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 17:43:21 -0700

Hi Vincent,
At 11:01 19-05-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>It was a sessions organized by BOI to ask the
>feedback of the industry according to what we
>want to do with the ICT sector. There is nothing
>much to ask... we all know the problem is the
>price of internet and the difficulties to
>recruit. Those are the challenges Mauritius is facing to grow the ICT sector.

Assuming that "well know the problem", why is it
that I could not find reports about the problem?

The word "workshop" is defined as "a meeting at
which a group of people engage in intensive
discussion and activity on a particular subject
or project". The challenge in Mauritius is to
have a workshop where a group of people engage in intense discussion.

>What is interesting the ideas that people
>expressed (cf the pdf on the article), Smart
>Mauritius from my point of view is more driven by a political agenda.

I had a conversation about exports to Africa
several months ago. I cannot tell from the
slides (feedback) whether the idea was clearly described.

There was an interesting comment this week from a
person who is from India about education. There
wasn't any response to his comment. One of the
slides has "Capacité d’analyse". I would be
interested in reading an analysis of, for
example, the price of internet". I am interested
to read about the ideas which people (excluding
the presenters) expressed. Smart Mauritius is popular these days.