Re: National Internet Filtering System

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:49:44 +0400

Hi SM,

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The ICTA has an ethics policy.

​Are you referring the values as published in icta.mu[1]?

   - Professionalism: to demonstrate high-level professionalism in our
   day-to-day initiatives in relation to the business of the authority and
   achieve continuous self-improvement.
   - Responsibility: to speak up and report concerns about the ICT
   regulatory frameworks and laws, and seek clarification and guidance where
   there is doubt.
   - Commitment: to develop the right attitude towards the job we
   undertake, encourage individual initiative and express our dedication in
   achieving our objects and function.
   - *Honesty*: to be truthful in all our endeavours, to be honest and
   straightforward with one another and with our policy makers, communities,
   licensees, operators and service providers.
   - Integrity: to express what we mean, to deliver what we promise and to
   stand for what is lawful.
   - Respect: to treat one another with dignity and fairness, appreciating
   the diversity of our workforce and the uniqueness of each employee.
   - *Trust*: to build confidence through framework and open and frank
   communication.

I have put two words in bold. Recent events make me question the honesty &
trust level of the Authority.

Regards,

[1]
https://www.icta.mu/home/intro.htm