mbc.intnet.mu

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 02:06:52 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam,

I visited the corporate web site of the Mauritius Broadcasting
Corporation at http://mbc.intnet.mu I have some comments about the
web site. I am copying this message to an "_at_mbc.intnet.mu" email
address as the email address of the webmaster ("_at_gmail.com") does not
look like the email address of a corporation.

I took a quick look at some TV web sites in Africa as a
comparison. When I visited the web site of the Rwanda Broadcasting
Agency ( www.rba.co.rw/tv ) I could view the videos in my web browser
without any problem except for the usual buffering issue which people
in Mauritius are familiar with.

The "watch now" button [1] on mbc.intnet.mu brought back memories of
how web design was many years ago. I wonder whether web designers in
government agencies are still attached to nostalgic web design. In
my opinion, the corporate web site of the Mauritius Broadcasting
Corporation is better that the web site for Infotech ( www.infotech.mu ).

I could not find any archive of videos on the mbc.intnet.mu web
site. The "Replay" section only covers one week of news
bulletins. There isn't any text summary of the news items in a news bulletin.

There is currently the following code on line 232 of the web page at
http://mbc.intnet.mu/mbc/view_all_featured

   '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    <head>'

Is the document type definition even valid?

If the Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation is redesigning its web site
it is a good idea to take user experience (UX) into consideration as
part of the design. There are also other web-related issues to
consider. It would be too lengthy for me to comment about all the issues.

1. http://mbc.intnet.mu/mbc/images/watch.png