Re: CMS - first version

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:41:48 +0400

Hello Yuv,

On 11 May 2015 at 20:14, Yuv Joodhisty <locustv2_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Nadim,
>
> I'm currently working on another project too and cannot promise to commit
> codes any soon. But i'll try to go through the codes, when i'm able to, and
> maybe find bugs/enhancements that you can apply.

Not an issue. This is voluntary work and you should not put a burden on
you. When time permits, then you can contribute.

> I was just browsing the admin and noticed that you are using upper case in
> your urls and also that your page silo is broken.
>
> The upper case is not a "Critical" problem but it actually makes it look
> bad and if you are going for "clean urls" which i assume you are else you
> would be using parameters in your urls. The case can be a problem if you
> are passing parameters (in clean url) which you will be using in your php
> codes and would require to apply additional functions (strtolower) to keep
> consistency.
>
> And as for the page silos:
>
> - http://parixiscms.webmauritius.net/admin/CMS/pages/add - good
> - http://parixiscms.webmauritius.net/admin/CMS/pages - good
> - http://parixiscms.webmauritius.net/admin/CMS/ - broken
> - http://parixiscms.webmauritius.net/admin/ - good
>

> I think you might want to avoid these as you are creating a "base" which
> other developers will be using to developing their applications.

Yes, I have identified other improvements to be carried out, bugs to be
removed, etc. Me too, as I get some free time, I'm trying to improve the
already existing codes. Error reporting, etc have to be fully implemented
(already here, but not fully coded).

> I hope im not annoying too much lol.. But i believe all developers hates
> the QA process :P

Not at all. I know the actual CMS is not a finished version for the time
being. I have my list of TODOs - as I said, I'm working on them when time
is permitting me to. Others have contacted me privately asking me to change
certain things, etc.

There is also documentation to be done. I believe once we have an
acceptable version (code-wise), then we'll start with a decent
documentation (many block of codes may change until then, etc).

The next thing i'll be doing is integrate a Markdown editor (front-end part
in the admin). Perhaps I'll also replace the existing WYSIWYG editor
(RedactorJS) and replace it with an open-source one (RadactorJS is now a
commercial product unlike before). Then I may start with revamping some PHP
codes, etc.

BTW, how did you find my choice of F3 over other frameworks?

Best regards,
Nadim Attari