RE: www.tropicalmiss.com

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 00:36:01 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 11:11 10-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>The video is still on youtube and i just watched it. I wonder why
>you couldn't access it.

I was able to access the video today.

>I don't know if local talent was used maybe some of the photos were
>from the Mauritius Gold models company. But as far as the other
>photos are concerned it is obvious that these aren't Mauritian models.

One of the photos is from the sahara mahala collection [1].

>Well i would like to highlight one thing which left me quite
>puzzled. The products mentioned on the website, let's take the ring
>section for example; Are the rings seriously genuine? The rings are
>cheap. You cannot buy such stones for a price range of Rs 200!
>(Please see picture attached).

There are some rings at
http://www.swarovski.com/Web_AA/en/0112/category/Jewelry/Rings.html
You can compare the price.

>Getting back to what is being advertised on the website. Can we
>really trust the products being sold? Is the website authorized to
>sell these brands?

I wonder whether anyone verifies the products. I compared prices
afterwards. I doubt that the advertised products have a brand
name. I found similar products from a country in Asia. The prices
were much lower than the ones on the web site. It is claimed that
the web site innovates as you can buy stuff online instead of going to a shop.

>My personal opinion: What if the 'Naked' company finds out about the
>MBC video and finds its brand on the tropicalmiss.com website?
>Wouldn't it affect the reputation of Mauritius? Wouldn't that
>project an image that our Government is promoting fake products?

There is a blog article about the Urban Decay Naked brush set replica
at
http://chinafakecosmetics.blogspot.com/2014/12/urban-decay-naked-brush-set-replica.html

1. http://blog.juliatrotti.com/pictures/sahara-mahala