Re: DCL Alice 4G Internet Connection

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 12:00:27 -0700

Hi Benoit,
At 11:06 05-05-2015, Benoit Gentil wrote:
>One month ago, I have applied for the DCL Alice 4G internet
>connection. They have acknowledged my application and they told me
>that they will contact me soon for the installation of the internet connection.
>
>One month later, I'm still waiting for the internet connection.
>
>I decided to send them an email, and they told me that due to
>non-availability of the outdoor modem for Alice 4G, they are
>proposing an ADSL connection instead through my telephone line with
>Mauritius Telecom.
>
>Does it take more than 1 month to order 4G modems from their suppliers?

In my opinion the above is a case of bad customer service. It should
not take one month to install an internet connection. Why did DCL
advertise a product, in this case the outdoor modem, which isn't available?

After one month of waiting, the ISP now proposes an ADSL connection
through Mauritius Telecom. Would it more expensive to get the same
service from Mauritius Telecom?

If it takes that long to order 4G modems, what will happen if the 4G
modem you get does not work? Will you have to wait that long to get
a replacement?