Re: IPV4 to IPV6 from Emtel

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 14:11:36 +0400

Hello SM,

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:09 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The question which Shelly asked is how will IPv6 change the internet in
> Mauriitus. The reply from Ajay is that people in Mauritius will not be
> able to, for example, torrent once there aren't any IPv4 addresses left.
> When will that happen?

As far as I know, nowhere it is published how much IPv4 addresses are
allocated to Mauritius and how much are currently used. Neither we have any
sort of data publicly available that could be used to project the number of
Internet-enabled devices activated every month / year.

So, are we going to use up all IPv4 addresses (allocated to Mauritius) in 1
month, 1 year, 10 years? Who can answer that?
​Saying we will no more be able to use Internet once the IPv4 addresses are
used up, is like announcing doomsday; though the date of doomsday isn't
known to anyone.​

​Cheers,​

--
​Ish Sookun