Re: E-COI 2020

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 01:04:10 -0700

Hi Vincent, Ish,
At 13:23 02-05-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>two weeks ago I attended the E-COI meeting in le
>meridien. The objectif was to get a better connectivity

Thanks for sharing the article. I'll also
comment on the blog article from Ish.

There is the following: "L’idée d’ouvrir dans la
région une e-Governance Academy en collaboration
avec l’e-Governance Academy estonienne a emporté
l’adhésion des participants". Having another
academy will not help improve internet connectivity in Mauritius.

Estonia is taken as an example. Is Mauritius
similar to Estonia? Did anyone compare the two
countries or is this the usual "copy and paste"
approach to technology questions?

There was the following: "la question pertinente,
selon les experts, serait « quel devrait être le
coût du mégabits à supporter entre les Etats ?
»" The answer was not even related to the question.

What research and development has there been? Is
research about copying and pasting stuff or
copying what has been done in other countries?

Ish used the Government Web Portal as an example
and commented as follows: "The portal comprises
of a forum, chat rooms, media galleries etc, but
are any of those effectively used?" There is
even a blog section [1]. Those features have never been used.

Will things which require a lot of care and money
and that give little profit or enjoyment have any
impact on "l'economie numérique"?

At 21:54 02-05-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I read in the article, the Estonian Ambassador
>extended its country's help for an e-Governance
>Academy. Therefore, once again I would imply
>that our Government is more interested in taking
>"ICT related" templates from other countries
>rather than studying its own culture & needs, and then act accordingly.

Yes.

>Sorry to say, but I have seen recently how a
>bunch of people who would not understand
>technicalities, were put in front to take
>decisions. Estonia has a different culture

Will people take good decisions if they do not
understand the technicalities of what was put in front of them?

1. http://www.govmu.org/English/Blogs/Pages/default.aspx