Re: E-COI 2020

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 08:54:51 +0400

Hello Vincent,

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 12:23 AM, vincent pollet <hello_at_ict.io> wrote:

> http://ict.io/e-coi-2020-booster-leconomie-numerique-de-la-zone-ocean-indien/

​Thank you for your article.

I read in the article, the Estonian Ambassador extended its country's help
for an e-Governance Academy. Therefore, once again I would imply that our
Government is more interested in taking "ICT related" templates from other
countries rather than studying its own culture & needs, and then act
accordingly.

Sorry to say, but I have seen recently how a bunch of people who would not
understand technicalities, were put in front to take decisions. Estonia has
a different culture (which I appreciate), we have a different education
system and background. Copying & pasting templates isn't a solution.

From previous discourses by Government officials I understood that the
Mauritian Government is eager and determined to present the country as a
Research & Development hub. Unfortunately, simply copying other countries
and presenting that as R&D is as if cheating in exams. I don't think
Mauritians will be happy to called "people of the country who copies other
countries and calls that R&D".

Sorry for being harsh on the topic ;-)​

I hope you won't mind if I reference your article in a blog post? Don't
worry, it won't be anything politics. It's just a matter of creating
awareness about the R&D subject. Few people understand its essence and they
are selling it like hot cakes.

​Cheers,​

--
​Ish Sookun