Re: NETGEAR

From: kritesh sunghoon <sodium238akadace_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 10:29:09 +0400

Hi shelly,

I've also bought a WiFi extender
<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300Mbps-Wireless-N-WiFi-Mini-Router-Repeater-Range-Extender-Booster-802-11n-g-b-/261871042081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf8bafe21>
some two
months ago and seriously it was such a pain to install it.

I did get the limit connection though, but this was enough to access the
admin panel of the device and configure it.

What I did :
To access the control panel;
Just like for myT/orange is 192.168.1.1
For the WiFi extender it is some other IP add.(mine was 192.168.10.253) and
should be mention in the manual.
From there, enter your username and password, again this should be mention
in your manual.

From the homepage, you can now, configure your device as router, extender,
AP... Upon selecting extender, it will scan your environment and eventually
capture your router's WiFi signal and re boost it.

This is it.

In case of failure, hold reset for around 10 sec and re try.

If still, no positive reponse, then post it on asT venD. xD

---
Further notes:
In my case, there was a problem, where I can't connect my modem with my
extender(via LAN cable) to re boost the WiFi signal, if so, I should turn
off my modem's WiFi and activate for the extender only.
Another thing is that, it depends where you place your extender.
For example, if your extender is capturing a Wifi signal of 2 bars, on your
phone or laptop, you will do get 4 bars but it is not the same as when you
get 4 bars from your router.
Nevermind if you don't get me on this one, but the point i want to make is
that, you can get full connection, but the connection speed will be low
compared when you are connected with your router.
Well, good luck and have fun :P
Regards,
Kritesh Sunghoon

--
*"Sky is the limit", huh**? *
*There is nothing like "limit", it's just a word used by someone, who don't