Re: Open Data

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:35:09 +0400

Hello,

On 30 April 2015 at 03:13, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Avinash,
>
> Open Data is data that can be freely used, reused and redistributed by
> anyone. The data may be subject to some attribution requirements. The
> government collects a lot of data. Unfortunately, that data is not freely
> available.
>
> I suggest that the government adopts an Open Data policy so that
> government agencies make historical and up-to-date data available for
> download. It is expected that companies in Mauritius will find innovative
> ways to turn that data into information which a citizen can use for better
> decision-making.

I find this idea interesting. But I would like to know which data can be
made available?

_at_SM: What data do you expect to be made available? Are there any standards
to be followed for the data?

If data is available, and as SM said, the data can be converted into useful
information in form of statistical charts, etc., that can be used for
decision-making and see trends over months / years, etc.

Regards,
Nadim Attari