Conflict of interest

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:54:54 +0400

Dear Mr. Dabeesing,

I hope you're doing well.

I am writing to you as representative of the Mauritius Internet Users. I
should also disclose that I am a member of the ICT Advisory Council.

I have a question pertaining to the choice of "foreign consultant" and in
particular why Mr. Chris Disspain's name has been suggested several times?
I would also like to know if there was a consensus about this choice and a
selection was made from a list of "potential" consultants.

I need the information for an upcoming meeting whereby these information
will deem important.

As far as I recall, you did mention that Mr Disspain is a board member of
ICANN. I believe this could bring forward a conflict of interest to have an
ICANN board member hired for a ccTLD re-delegation. I am assuming that this
consultancy is not for free. Mr. Disspain is also the CEO of .au Domain
Administration Ltd. It is odd to rely on a CEO of a ccTLD to provide advice
on how to remove the head of the .mu ccTLD.

​[1] http://www.isoc-au.org.au/Organisation/Dirs.html#cd

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun