Re: Location of the island (was: Le Web 4.0

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:33:35 +0400

Hi all,

The latency issue is one that we cannot fully solve due to our geographical
location, and taking into consideration the current technology. Let me take
for example, '*eSports*'. These are competitions based on computer games
that has already transformed into an industry in NA/China/EU/SEA/RU and
Canada amongst others. The point here is that there's a lot of money to be
made by getting into that.

The first prize for '*The International 4
<http://www.dota2.com/international/overview/#sec_title_02>*' last year was
more than 5 Million dollars. There are a lot of gamers in Mauritius who are
very good, but the scene will never get to the professional level if there
isn't a professional platform. Sadly, the best latency that we can get from
Mauritius to gaming servers are those hosted in SEA, which is about 80ms in
the very best conditions(fiber).

I tried to elaborate about how Mauritius is missing out of a potential
market, which is eSports due to latency issues. There are probably other
things that would get better if we had better latency.

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer**Website :*
barfii.net <http://www.barfii.net>