Re: Le Web 4.0

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:39:03 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 12:01 24-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I read about serendipity. I'm not sure that I understand what it means
>in this context. Kudo for "Network taking initiative".

Serendipity is about finding value. The network taking initiative
might be more about making the connections and omnipresence.

>Connectivity between devices or super-advanced interfaces that would
>allow humans to communicate much more easily via the internet ?

The internet is merely a communication network which you allows you
to make more connections than what you might be able to do on the
public switched telephone network. I would describe it as your
device finding things for you and providing you with the best
option. The super-advanced interface might be about how we
experience things. It might depend on the capabilities of your device.

>I have watched anime where users can dictate their thoughts directly
>to a machine which executes it, and they can establish mental
>connections with other people across the internet. Currently, we are
>still relying on "intermediate" devices like a keyboard and a mouse.
>Will there be a chip that can be inserted in the brain and allow us to
>interact directly with others using a network such as the Internet ?

The "intermediate" is about human-computer interaction. My rough
guess is that it would be more about representing information instead
of establishing mental connections to other people. Inserting a chip
raises questions about ethics. A part of the above is about
communicating with a person in another location, e.g. by using holograms.