Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:42:20 +0400

Hello Shelly,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am sorry but i don't understand why they want to engage a foreign expert
> when we already have qualified people ready to help. Does the fact that the
> expert is from a foreign country make his/her opinion better?

​The idea that "foreigners" are experts is a cultural issue; just as
someone from ICANN might magically convince the rest of the ICANN board
members or that someone could happen to be a super-genius in setting up or
migrating a root server.​

> Are there any foreign expert in the ICT Advisory Council?

​Logan and I work with foreigners. Does that count as being foreign experts?

Cheers,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.