Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:06:13 +0000

[I am cc'ing The Executive Director of ICTA]

>> There is NO assurance that a foreign consultant will be able to do the
>> job, as he's an ICANN board member. Therefore, he's closely involved
>> in management, not in technical matters.
>>
>> Why are people repeatedly arguing for ICANN staff ?
>

> I don't know. The representative of the ICTA also mentioned having a .mu
> Council. The .mu Select Committee did not recommend having a .mu Council.

Indeed. It appears that The representative of ICTA is completely
ignoring the agreement reached by the Local Internet Community.

We am very concerned about what is happening. We don't believe that
ICTA is acting in the interest of the Local Internet Community as they
have never been active on the Mauritius Internet User Mailing List.