Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:58:15 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 08:46 22-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>Why is this issue being raised only now ?

I guess that nobody else noticed that .mu is a single point of
failure until I showed the slide on Page 2 at
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-cctld-problems.pdf

>Why were we not made aware that a representative of Internet Direct
>Ltd was at this meeting ?
>
>I would also like to know what he said ?

I was not notified during the meeting that a representative of
Internet Direct Ltd was attending the meeting.

As I recall, the representative of Internet Direct Ltd did not say
anything during the meeting.

>I heard a different story: The proposal was clumsy.

Ok.

>There is NO assurance that a foreign consultant will be able to do the
>job, as he's an ICANN board member. Therefore, he's closely involved
>in management, not in technical matters.
>
>Why are people repeatedly arguing for ICANN staff ?

I don't know. The representative of the ICTA also mentioned having a
.mu Council. The .mu Select Committee did not recommend having a .mu Council.