CAPTCHA on GOVMU.ORG User Login

From: Tejas Pagooah \(Nirvan\) <"Tejas>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 00:27:16 +0400

Hello all,

I was going through GOVMU.ORG, Government of Mauritius's website for the
driver's license and after the registration, I was prompted to login [1] the
system.

Actually, I've been wondering the purpose of the CAPTCHA on the login? What
do you think about this?

Does the captcha increases the website' security? - From my point of view
NO.

It's not immoral to have a captcha but it's bad usability from my point of
view.

Security implications: the users will consider logging in to be time
consuming and will:

* be less likely to use your system at all

* never log out of the system and leave open sessions unattended.

Your views?

P.S This is the reCAPTCHA from Google. [2]

[1] https://www.govmu.org/English/Pages/SignIn.aspx

[2] https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html