Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:54:38 +0400

Hello SM,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> I read your discussions of internet-related topics on the mailing list. I
> could not find any information about your efforts to help me get 100 Mbps
> local access to the internet at an affordable price or to fix a FTTH
> connection which is currently a little faster than dial-up speed.
>
> Do you have an estimated date as to when my poor internet connection will
> be fixed?

​No. I cannot communicate any estimation at the moment. The ICT Advisory
Council confirmed the list of members only last week. Next is line is the
setting up of the ICTA board. I suppose as from then the first meeting will
be scheduled. If for any reason the meeting is delayed or not called, I
shall enquire with the Chairman.

I will submit my proposal to the Council after consultation with other
members. I shall include in my proposal the need for 100Mbps local access,
status on the National Open Source Policy, Open Government Data and the
NOSECC (National Open Source Excellence and Competence Centre).

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.