Re: Draft proposal for the new .mu ccTLD Framework

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:38:26 -0700

Hi Arshaad,
At 14:11 07-04-2015, Arshaad wrote:
>I have a few concerns about the following;
>The IANA ccTLD Redelegation Guide states that in order to process a
>ccTLD re-delegation, one of the criteria to be met is to
>"Demonstrate Consent". Copied from IANA website:
>
>"It is a requirement that the requestor provides documentation that
>shows that directly involved parties consent to the request to
>delegate or redelegate... For an existing delegation, this also
>includes documented consent from the existing management of the domain."
>
>"In addition to verification and analysis of the material supplied
>in the request, for redelegation requests, we will ask the current
>administrative and technical contacts, and the current ccTLD
>manager, whether they agree to the request. "
>
>Well, in which case, is the existing management of the .mu ccTLD i.e
>Internet Direct willing to agree to the new framework proposed , I doubt it?

Thank you for the feedback. The draft proposal suggests a way
forward. The proposed action plan focuses on actions which can be
taken instead of a ccTLD re-delegation. The Mauritius Internet Users
is being asked whether it agrees to the draft proposal. Do you have
any concerns about the draft proposal?